Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Starting from Scratch

The greatest thing about moving into a new place back stateside is that we have no furniture. Call me a perpetual optimistic or design junkie, or both! But I am STOKED!! Seriously, we don't have to face any of the guilt attached to the first sofa "that was donated to me by Aunty J when I was in college", lucky for us we bagged the sentimental stuff before we left on this trip. (#insertdisclaimerhereitonlytookme5years!).

This means that we get to start from scratch. We literally have everything we could ever need in terms of home goods, so its been nice to be able to focus on furniture alone. I'm not exactly sure what I would call my style, but it is something along the lines of "midcentury modern" meets "industrial" meets "vintage" meets "modern". Sooo...    "Midmodindvindern". :) That's a whole lot of  i's and d's folks!

Luckily I have certain friends who love to frequent estate sales, and they have already scooped up several steals for me! I've also been scouring craigslist like a fiend! We won't move into the place until July. But I am keeping myself motivated and inspired by making little inspiration boards for myself! Here's round one!

No comments:

Post a Comment