Wednesday, December 16, 2009

12.5.2009 Rosa Mina Orphanage Christmas Party Part Two

After lunch it was time for the big give! It was quite a process to get the kids in order. Here they are anxiously waiting to see Papa Noel! I love that Joel is grining at me and the camera, can you tell this was a great day for them??






I actually have pictures of every single kid getting a gift as I felt like it was a big moment. But I am only going to post pictures of the six kids we got gifts for. I think that was the best thing by far that we have done for Christmas this year.




Joel was thrilled with Papa Noel and his soccer ball!


 
Fernandia got some girly prettys! She loved her sunglasses, photos to follow.



Michelaine was thrilled with her lip gloss and star necklace.




Roselaire, or Wowo as he is fondly called was so excited about his soccer ball. He is seventeen and it is what he has always wanted for Christmas. He wouldn't even open the package because he said he wanted to be at home and alone before he did.




Mackenson's box was as big as he was and he was beaming for the rest of the day.




Packy was our littlest  angel, he was not exactly thrilled about Papa Noel. I think lots of kids are alittle scared of him at that age. I think he liked his gift though!

Here are a few more shots of the day! I think it is something Rosa Mina will remember for a long time.




Papa Noel with Pastor Roland & her husband.




 

 
Packy SMILING for the camera.

 
Fernandia showing off her jump roping skills.




I love how the gifts all became universal property after the giving. The kids basically shared everything that they had received. I think that's what Christmas truly is. We gave to them, and they gave to each other. 


1 comment:

  1. Amazing! What an experience! I bet you will never forget that day! Thanks for sharing with us! Merry Christmas!!! :)

    ReplyDelete