Sunday, July 11, 2010

The Bright Lights of Hollywood: LA

The first night in California we spent with a fellow photographer Jessica. She literally moved there the Friday before we arrived and was kind enough to put us up for a night. Our first stop was to eat some Thai food! Yum!

Then Dom and I carved out a few hours to see his friends from Allegheny, Matt and Katie. We spent a wonderful evening on their charming, second floor patio drinking some bubbly and catching up. I got to hear some fantastic stories from their college days and topped of the night by eating some strawberry shortcake with fresh California strawberries. I am ruined on strawberries for life!

The next morning Jess took us to The Fairmont Hotel Miramar, which his where her hubby works as one of the chefs. It was a fantastic meal, and the hotel is beautiful! We left Jessica, and had to walk off our food coma at The Getty Center.

Luckily for me, there was a fantastic photo exhibit up! The exhibit was entitled: Engaged Observers: Documentary Photography Since the Sixties. This was truly a highlight from this trip. I fell in love with Sebastiao Salgado's work all over again. I found new inspiration in Larry Towell's long term documentary project on a Mennonite community. If there was ever a moment when the documentary path felt right for me, this was it. I love to be inspired! Of course, I bought the book, and you should too! Especially if you can't see the exhibit in person! Here are a few photos from LA.

 A must see for those of you in LA!

The view of LA from The Getty!

The Gardens at the Getty, we were shown the perfect shooting spot by one of the Getty Guides!




© Crystaline Randazzo Photography - All images are copyright of Crystaline Randazzo and in no way are to be used by Google, Google Advertisers or any third party. These are not your pictures. Steal them and I will sue you.





No comments:

Post a Comment