Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Crystal's Crafty Creations: Paper Globe & Our Winner

I have a bookmark folder full of crafts ideas that I am hoping to do at some point in time. The truth is I almost never get to them. But I think about them pretty frequently. I had a bad week, I am feeling defeated by all the waiting on work permits, stupid logistics, and well lets face it I hate sitting around. So today I decided that I would do something for myself.

I visited my Aunt in Venice when I was in grad school and purchased some lovely marbled paper there. I have a paper obsession. I've been dreaming about what to do with this glorious stuff since the day I bought it, but nothing seemed right. Then I stumbled upon the perfect craft tutorial on Photojojo (love them!) I saved it in my bookmarks after Christmas but today was the day it became a reality!

I'd like to say that I know that some people have a few pre-conceived notions about crafting. They attribute it to grandmas and cat ladies. I do to, sorta (as my Granny was a serious crafter...her quilts, crochet, embroidery is to DIE for.) I totally fly the crafty flag! In fact, I always say that my idea of perfection would be me sitting at home making things for my etsy shop (this may be my time friends).

Anyhoo....here are some photos from the sphere I made from my luxurious venetian paper, I can't wait to locate some fishing wire and hang it up. Did I mention it's gorgeous from every angle? I need to do more crafts they make me happy!










Now drum roll please! Time to announce the winner for the CSN drawing. I had Dom do the honors of drawing from the names of everyone who entered! Congrats to Dee, you will be receiving an email regarding the gift card at the email address you gave me!  I loved seeing your glorious picks, my readers have rocking, good taste!

4 comments:

  1. Those are amazing!! It's actually pretty funny because my soon to be sister in law is also very crafty and gave all of us our own paper made sphere ornament as a christmas gift. She however did not use beautiful venetian paper. She used paint chips from the local hardware store. She's very thrifty.

    If you want to check out another crafty blog my friend runs one and she's always coming up with neat ideas.

    http://www.sheissewcrafty.com/

    Miss you and I hope everything comes through soon. Although I love seeing all the inventive and creative things you do with your time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous globe! No more feeling defeated! The drums are definitely rolling!!

    Hope your work permits come soon for you; but in the mean time, please keep crafting. Maybe Leah & I can find some great craft-supply bargains for you at the next auction.

    Miss you!...M

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Morgan, encouraging my blog addiction isn't nice. Love the ornament idea, way to be crafty and frugal! @Margo Keep your eyes open with me in mind! Wish I was hitting up the auctions with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeahy thank you so much!!! :)

    ReplyDelete