Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Spirit

Yesterday I received some sad news from my friend Katie Haley Kilpatrick, her mom's house burned down on December 23rd. Luckily, everyone was safe but her mom lost her home and everything in it. I haven't gotten to speak to Katie directly except by email so I have little information behind the cause of the fire.

However, it made me realize how little all the "things" at Christmas matter. And that we should be cherishing each moment we have together because that is a bigger gift than anything underneath the tree.

I encourage you all to pass along some Christmas love to Katie and her family, by donating to Abilene Teachers FCU in her name Wanda Haley. You can also send her funds via paypal at wonderh@email.com or send a check to her temporary address at 7363 County Rd 487, Merkel, TX  79536.
***Update****

See Katie's blog for more info. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your kindness Crystal. We will be celebrating Christmas together as a family and remembering that the holiday is all about the hope that Christ brings to the world. Love to you and Dom!

    ReplyDelete