Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Christmas Traditions


Today, I was reminded of a Christmas tradition in our family. To tell you the truth, I haven't gotten to spend Christmas at home for the last two years, so I had sort of forgotten about it. But when my Grandfather remarried the lovely Ann, our fairy grandmother (or so we like to call her) she introduced a family tradition which needs to be passed along. And the memory of it just brought joy to my heart.

There is a box that is placed under the Christmas tree, it is the last box to be opened every year. And in this box is a kazoo for each member of the family. Post gift opening, each member of the family selects their Kazoo and kazzoos we wish you a Merry Christmas in a line around the house. It is hysterical to try and get through the entire song amidst the hysteria and nose humming! And it reminds me how very special Ann was, and what joy she brought to our lives.I have to believe that she is there laughing with us each Christmas.

I know they won't get here by this year, but I think it's time i brought this family tradition to our house. Now I must do some kazoo shopping...

1 comment:

  1. This sounds hilarious. How sweet that it is such a great way to remember her!

    ReplyDelete