Monday, December 6, 2010

A New Post & A New Adventure!

Hello friends & family!

I know I have sadly neglected this blog while Dom & I were stateside but I will do my best to keep you abreast of our travels now that we have arrived at our second post Lusaka, Zambia. Dominic arrived in Zambia at the end of September, and I joined him after spending two months traveling the U.S., seeing my family and friends! I spent Thanksgiving in Arizona with the Kline crew and then did some serious international travel (perhaps the longest flight of my life) in order to arrive in Zambia into Dom's waiting arms.

I should say that we are fairly certain that we have landed in paradise! We have a lovely home, complete with beautiful outdoor space and a pool (photos will have to follow in a later blog post). Zambians are an incredible gracious and polite people. And to top it off we live in a country that has movie theatres, malls, spas, restaurants, etc! We are definitely moving up in the world!! Or should I say third world?

My first week in Zambia was spent unpacking the house, attending various social functions, and fighting some serious jetlag. All I can say is I am thankful for tylenol p.m. as I virtually had to drug myself in order to sleep at night. I'm hoping week two will bring it's own challenges!

This weekend we decided to go to a nearby game park called Chaminuka, it is about 45 minutes from Lusaka and we had heard that the food was good. So we gathered together a group of other newcomers hopped in the toyota rav4 and sped down a bumpy dirt road to find our next adventure! We had no more driven through the gates of the game park when we saw a heard of zebras, a little farther down the road we saw a pair of giraffes! We got out to take some photos, and I couldn't believe how close we were able to get! It was truly incredible!






The lodge was a lovely structure complete with a sculpture garden, gift shop, pool, and restaurant.




It sat on a hill overlooking a lake, we took a walking tour around the lake when we discovered that our group was too large to do the horseback tour (they apparently only have 3 horses and the guide gets one so two for guests) and the riding tour didn't have openings until after lunch. We were shown the lion and hyena enclosure and both times were almost on top of the animals before we saw them. I have no doubt that they knew where we were from a mile away.





After our walking tour we headed back to the lodge to grab some grub. They serve up a mean breakfast buffet at chaminuka and our group put down some serious chow!


Post lunch we headed off for our riding tour....






It was a wonderful way to begin our foray into the world of safari and well worth the sixty bucks! 

 © Crystaline Randazzo Photography - All images are copyright of Crystaline Randazzo and in no way are to be used by Google, Google Advertisers or any third party. These are not your pictures. Steal them and I will sue you.

2 comments:

  1. These photos are incredible! What an amazing experience. Thanks for sharing it with all of us! xoxo Ace

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful adventure!! Have the time of your life :-) Keep us updated with the beautiful pictures. Love you both!! Much Love Jess :-)

    ReplyDelete