Tuesday, December 7, 2010

When in Zambia...


Today my neighbor Felice called me up and asked me if I wanted to join her for coffee. Luckily I have no pressing social calendar as I am still meeting people, and even better she happened to take me for breakfast and coffee at a local place called Zebra Crossing which hosts among other things the best barista in Lusaka, a gourmet chocolate shop, and a salon. I got a lovely cappuccino delivered with a perfect heart design in the middle. Too bad I didn't have my camera with me or else you guys could of enjoyed it too!

Along side Zebra Crossing in Abba House there is an adorable boutique full of craft items from Zambia and Zimbabwe, I was fully suckered in by the idea of adding some African ornaments to my Christmas tree and here are some of the holiday frosting I chose for mine. Who doesn't need a warthog, leopard, baboon, elephant, and yes, and most importantly a hippo! Are you singing...yet?

I want a hippopotamus for Christmas
Only a hippopotamus will do
Don't want a doll, no dinky Tinker Toy
I want a hippopotamus to play with and enjoy


Well I got two! See some more shots of my safari themed gems below:







1 comment: