Monday, December 27, 2010

Grace the Christmas Cat

Well Dom and I caved and got a pet, I consider it a halfway cave as cats are much easier than dogs. We'll see if we leave post without one of those. Grace is about 2 1/2 years old and she has been living at the American Embassy where she is spoiled rotten! Well the Embassy is moving to a new location in the new year and we were recruited as Grace's adoptive parents. She is a very sweet cat, and I felt horrible this morning when I had to go and cat nab her, take her to the vet to be poked and prodded, and then locked her in our master bathroom while she adjusts to the new living quarters.  But she did behave beautifully at the vet and didn't bite or scratch once!

Initially, she crawled behind the bidet in the master bath and would not move. Not even the good tuna cat food would get her out. But once i removed the cat carrier from the room, Grace was golden! She came right out and allowed me to pet her. Something tells me this aversion to the cat carrier does not bode well for our future travels. She is such a beautiful and curious cat, I think she will adjust rather nicely in our family. Something tells me she's going to be a Mama's girl as she already crawls into my lap and loves to snuggle up beside me.





No comments:

Post a Comment