Monday, December 20, 2010

Painting HGTV Style with Sherwin-Williams....

Well I have been in Lusaka about 3 weeks, and while I love our house, this week I decided it was in serious need of some color. I know it was painted right before our arrival but the entire house is beige. Our furniture is a nice neutral brown (brand new which is a huge perk for those of us in the foreign service) but this means my house is beige and brown.

So Dom has given me the go ahead to get it painted and I am so excited! Is it sad that at 28, I have NEVER gotten to chose paint colors for my house? Considering my addiction to HGTV, it's a travesty. Needless to say I have had the best time just dreaming about my house colors!

I found a great online tool at Sherwin Williams called the visualizer where you can upload the photos of your house, mask in the walls, ceilings, etc. And test your paint colors! For the record, I thought it was super easy to navigate, but then again I use masks on a regular basis. The best news for me is that even though I don't think we have a Sherwin Williams we do have a paint color matching place where I can print off swatches and have them make the colors I want.


Anyhow here is the first batch of rooms I "visualized" over the weekend! This gives you a chance to see the new digs as well, though in a slightly less beige version.

Living Room:




Dining Room:


Kitchen:



Entryway/Hallway:




Hopefully I will get to the bedrooms and office this weekend! I cannot wait to do some home improvement!

1 comment:

  1. I love the colors! What an amazing house! You will have fu
    n! Post pics when you finish.

    ReplyDelete